Apostle Ivory Hopkins: BESETTING SINS THAT LEAD TO BONDAGE
1. You have to know how to maintain your freedom after being ministered to or you can slip back into bondage.
• It is your place to resist the enemy and he will flee, so feeling the erg does not mean you’re captured again but tempted.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
RESIST DEFINED: 436. anthistemi, anth-is’-tay-mee; from G473 and G2476; to stand against, i.e. oppose:–resist, withstand.
2. Learn the difference between temptation which is normal then a demonic drive which is motivated by spirits that need to be cast out.
The only way we hold our freedom is to put to death the deeds in our flesh, I will not teach an unbalanced deliverance message calling something a demon when it’s not. Incorrect diagnosis leaves people just as bound or worse.
James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
OWN LUST Defined: 1939. epithumia, ep-ee-thoo-mee’-ah; from G1937; a longing (espec. for what is forbidden):–concupiscence, desire, lust (after).
ENTICED Defined: 1185. deleazo, del-eh-ad’-zo; from the base of G1388; to entrap, i.e. (fig.) delude:–allure, beguile, entice.
3. In order to hold you freedom you must study, read in the Word, and examine everything God has to say about what you have been delivered from or seeking deliverance from.
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
4. Even though your seeking for total freedom don’t just concentrate on that but praise God for the victories you already have.
Psalm 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
5. Not staying in fellowship with church and strong mature believes can be an open door to the enemy to pull you back into bondage.
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
6. Stay away from people places and things that draw you back into bondage and you will feel the pull to go back into bondage.
• Learn the Triggers that try to pull you back into bondage
Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
STAND FAST Defined: 4739. steko, stay’-ko; from the perf. tense of G2476; to be stationary, i.e. (fig.) to persevere:–stand (fast).
Trigger: I go back when I feel depressed
Trigger; I go when I let so and so in my life
Trigger: After I stopped praying and worshipping I got bound up
Trigger: I was ok until you name what the until is
7. Don’t give up seeking your freedom just because it hasn’t fully manifested yet.
OTHER RELATED PRAYERS
Short URL: http://prayerupdates.org/?p=2170